Tuesday, June 26, 2018

What I learned from Superman

So he wasn't half bad looking.
The man in a cape standing upon a pedestal.
Perhaps it might have been a costume from
Halloween and a bucket...
but he made up for it with a strong jaw line
and soft wavy hair.
The wind blew on the edges of his red cape.
It lifted and lowered.
He stood in a pose that only a superman could,
otherwise it would look weird.
The second pass, he was swamped by tourists.
those asking for a picture.
Superman, out there on the Hollywood strip,
busking for some cash in front of the Chinese Theater.
I wonder if he had a job?
An actor? A model perhaps?
I thought about getting a pic with him.
I did not want the pic at all.
No. I wanted to give him cash.
Just for being awesome.
I hope he knows what's he's worth.
This cute model worthy guy in a super suit.

So it was a thought. A random thought.
Then the next evening, whilst I worked up the
effort to go get the dumb picture.
My superman didn't show up for his busking gig.
So I was left  a tad disappointed.
No, not with him. Not at all.
With myself.
Because I failed to act upon the notion the day before.
Because a random thought that was a great thought
couldn't outwit the part of me that has been living in a prison.
I failed to find the key while it mattered.
I failed to recognize myself...the only time it could ever matter.
In the now.
 (The 'now of wolf thought'...you'd think being raised
by elves, this would have sunk in by now)
So I learned something....
even though I'm still having an EOL hangover.
and the water is still unsettled in the tank.
...
There's only now.

Yeah, we all know this already.
really, everyone knows this....
but we keep planning and saving and waiting
...until tomorrow...until later....I'll do it when blah blah blah.

 when you have the time... the money... the energy.

No, peeps...
Only now.
Do it now.
Honor those random thoughts that make you smile.
Those desires.
Those ideas.
Those plans.
Those everythings.
Do all the things.
ALL THE THINGS.
DO IT RIGHT FUCKING NOW
Superman is here now.
He won't be there tomorrow.
.....and neither will you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment