Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Who's birthday is it? Doesnt' lighting candles get wax all over your icing....?

It's funny....that little things slowly reveal themselves bit by bit...stone by stone...until you realize that not a single thing stands alone.

There's a fresh cool breeze gently sailing into the spiral corridor. I can see that the light has shifted from a dreary grey to a sunnier demeanor. There's a doorway now that stands just ahead. It's open and I can see the blue sky that teases for me to hurry. Only a select number of steps lie between me and it's threshold.
   He asks if I'm ready to continue....I say yes...but I look down to the step beneath my foot....those steps...these hard, cold, concreted firmaments of solid mass...and of strength.
   "Ya know..." I begin...though I know He already knows what I'm about to say. He smiles, but is trying to hide it. "These steps are pretty strong...they are solid. I trust them." I pause. "I'm not the tower, am I?" I shake my head smiling to myself. "He is."  I stare into those steps... They may be hard and cold and compacted with rocks...the walls built with stones and beaten by waves....but they are strong, solid, built to last generations. Firm, dependable, trustworthy.....this tower shields me from the rain....from the waves....carries me higher.
   I look over to Him as He watches me come to this revelation. He waits.
"I'm the lightkeeper." I say quietly. "You're the light.....and he's our tower."
   It's beautiful....this chaos. And no matter what we try to do....there's still the conclusion that we are all for one another. Even if you're a harsh cold wave....beating upon a tall stone tower who is cold and damp....who shields a little star and her light from the rain.... climb hard....because those last steps are going to be the hardest.
 Climb, climb. Light the tower on fire...

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I have $67...and bills due that are much higher than that.
I have some pretty awesome fabric sitting here though.
I sold 3 yards so far though. Hey....better than nothing.
I have a few orders left that I could care less about. I want them to disappear. I don't want to sew anything. Took me a 4 days to sew 1 princess....and 1 to sew 4....still not done.
I feel like I'm in a dream. Things are converging into sync...and this is so weird.
I am excited to see what comes of it. What lies beyond that door.
Let it Go is playing on my itunes.... and this gives me a huge inkling of what these last few steps will require of me.
Going to see a cheapy $1 movie tomorrow.
Awaiting a few photoshoots to prep for.
Kids finally got their blackbelts in TKD.
And nothing else too new....I suppose.










   


No comments:

Post a Comment