Tuesday, March 12, 2024

somber nights in middle earth

IT was dusk in the city
The clouds dark, like a gloomy sunday.
The evening falling with hints of a summer rain
oh, the burden that this day has been

oft to see it falling away from my eyes, chippery
let it be gone and thus forgotten
let me wring out its pains and desires and wipe the sweat from my eyes
I don't want to see you anymore
not this day, and certainly not of tomorrow

let it ring true that we are lost
that we are forgotten like the days gone past
like the winter's edge of frost
cutting like ice and speaking like a sliver
harsh has this been
these long remorseful wokenings

be not frail and timber
be not savage and good
be not nothing to set upon thy feet or lift from thy heavens
we will sink
lowest of lows until there is no more sun
until there is no more rememberings
let me forget myself
all these things we speaketh

fall from me this world
let me fingers bleed at which I've wrought
my tongue pierce the skies and shower down the rains
wash it, shake it, bake it, make it, destroy
tame it, claim it, sing it, wring it, savor
what is this
not calling it a name
what name
what words
what world
be gone


________________________________

There is nothing to say to you

I'm dead, let me rest


Dark amber caves concept art illustration, dungeons and dragons fantasy cave,  dark and spooky, mysterious, Cavern painting Stock Illustration | Adobe  Stock

No comments:

Post a Comment