Friday, October 4, 2013

hoping for a break

ARGH!!!! So the last $200 cash we had stowed away is gone...well, except for about $1, lol. I hate being broke.
Just sitting here waiting and hoping that hubby gets to go to work tomorrow...as well as like every work day through the rest of the month too. And hoping I sell some easy simple quick sets, cause being broke is no fun. Other than that, having eggs and bananas again is quite nice. Really hoping the renters pay up closer to due date and not after I have to call them...grrr.
While we are at it, I also hope I get 5 orders completed by Monday. I hope unexpected money of substantial amount appears in my mailbox too (yes, that is always awesome!). I hope hubby's paycheck isn't as low as it probably is due to no work half of last week. I hope my fingers get better....(yeah, I sliced one cutting a potato and at least 3 others are nicked from stupid pins from all those appliqued tees I did the other day!). I hope no one orders an appliqued tee for awhile. I hope they won't (or will) get scared away when I raise the prices of those yet again. I hope I can get things prepped and organized for some new possible employees....and I hope they are really good.....but I also hope I have money to pay them, lol. My other 2 employees are awesome, but dang it if I ain't already broke, hahaha. Here's to hoping this is not long lasting. I hope I won't follow in the footsteps of the government, lol. I hope.
But we all know hope is this word that doesn't really do anything for us. We know it is there to fill in a space in a sentence. Its there to appear as if it has something to do with enabling good things to come our way. But does it....well, no, not really. It's more like some term we use to show how powerless we are to the forces surround and controlling our circumstances. Hope is nothing but a word. One void of action. One without cause or complaint. One without value. Hope is in fact not useful.
Hubby's check was not great as expected. And next weeks will now be just as bad. The renters will most likely be late again, and we won't hear from them until after numerous calls....again as expected. As far as sales....I can't rightly post new items until I have a cleared up order list, and etsy is slow to say the least. My fingers will grow back, no big deal. The check in the mail....well, it happens more often than you think. And for employees...I'll see what I can do with that tomorrow.
So hope couldn't affect any of these things. Nope.
So let's move on to better things....what does affect them....what can change them to make them not so irritating?
Simple. Don't let them irritate you.
After all.....it's just money. And everything will be taken care of in time. No worries here, even if they are a pain in the ass. Things will settle and times of better fortune will arrive eventually. When at least one things sells for me, it has been almost like clockwork that I suddenly sell 10 more just after....this always happens....like ALWAYS. Now with employees.....psh...sometimes you get the 'this is totally not going to work out' people....ok much of the time...and then sometimes, you find someone willing to learn and work hard at it and get better. Finding these is worth putting up with the painful experiences of 'searching' for good help. Of course there's still the issue of money to pay them...hmmm...
Now all we have to do is hope that this up and coming comet Ison is going to wreck havoc on the world...or not....and makes a spectacular photograph at least. Sweet. Of course after watching all my crazy people on youtube (whom think that it is the end of the world, lol) I've got to say that people are insane.....and I like it that way. I hope you don't take that the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment