Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chirping with the music....

Sooooo..... we all know stuff (as in things we want but don't really need) is hard to get and hard to keep and even harder trying to find a way to afford.... Similar to this......which is so gonna be mine in the future....I hope.

Photobucket


Why is it so hard to have something that really is nice?
It reminds me of my boots. My boots that I bought from buckle.com.....those boots that I absolutely LOVE!!!
I even woke up in the middle of the night to pick them up off the floor so our new puppy at the time wouldn't even have a chance to even think about looking at them the wrong way....those boots.
They were not cheap, though I do admit they were not the $250 ones I saw at Eddie Bauer...those were also awesome looking...but I compromised and bought these that were just as awesome for less than half the price.
Yes, it was more than we could afford. Yes, I didn't ask permission to buy them. I just did and the ups guy delivered them in 3 days.
I love my boots and they are awesome. I spent a pretty shiney couple hundred quarters on them too...and you do get what you pay for. = LOVE.
Unlike the mattress we bought that we cheaped out on and is not as comfortable as it should have been. Unlike the other pieces of cheap crap we ever bought and they turned out to be just that - crap.
And people wonder why I am set on a Nikon D7000 and not an old out of date cheapo Nikon D300 from the twilight zone of the past....or some other brand that promises a bunch of bull, I have reasons for wanting this one and much too long to write about....

And I get to do a photoshoot for an ad...and then I get do do a calendar photoshoot that I've been dying to bring into reality....
And I find this fascinating..because this new adventure is breaking me away from sewing...I hate sewing, other than things I want to sew. Like that cape for my photoshoot....DUH!
Anyway...I wanna go do great things...and I have to deal with what I got until I get that thing pictured above.
It would be nice to have rich friends or have someone buy me it with the 200mm lens kit.... so I can do even greater things quicker. But don;t give me money, because I would pay off bills...because unfortunately I am responsible most of the time...and I really would need to ask if I spent that much on something...just sayin.

But we live in the real world.....where no one helps a girl out. And I can't do it myself very fast....it takes time and planning and detailed explaining so when I can kinda sorta afford it, I will get to buy it on my own....but that won't make you look any better....just sayin'
but I can take your picture and photoshop the hell out of it and charge you a session fee and you will look better then....how's that sound?


Oh! Good news though....it's my turn coming up with catherine from Cash and Joy for the free hour consult....omg...I'm skeered.
Lol. Gotta talk business and stuff and I suck at that. I'm excited though.

And the things in the fog (assuming you read my last blog post) ...they are getting louder...what's the deal? I hope they will bring me a camera so I can take their picture and post it on facebook before I get eaten...or they die. Just sayin'
Things are so weirded out....but I feel we are on a lunch break right now or something....waiting.
And what's with the strange cloud things that have been popping up in the sky in Texas and Mexico?? They kinda look like those damn cloud circles I had the dream about...that were followed by the red spots that turned into a large silent storm and we had to get out of there....hmmm....


So anyway, let's talk about something useful....How about time and peace and thanksgiving....

Photobucket


I have a violin....I got it off of one of those Target daily deals for $50....and believe me it was awesome...and I like my violin except for the fact that it is cheapy (read above regarding that) but great for a on the moment splurge. Anyway... besides the fact that the violin how-to books teach you the hard way and not the easy way how to play, it;s rather fun playing with it.
You need to get the timing right to make the song song correct. You need to be peacefully calm when you play or the tension in your hand and arm will flow out from the strings harshly (unless you want it that way)....and you need to be thankful that it has only a few notes on it compared to a guitar....so it;s much easier to learn in that sense.
Similar to our lives....we need the correct timing to have things brought to perfection, for things to be set right or the right timing to make them right. Time to learn patience and to build our strength. Timing that we must wait upon....as it is not under our control....
I can't make the things in the fog rush out or flee...or tell them to do anything....them or us...we just have to wait.

Peace? Calmness? What is that? Oh wait...I remember....but for some reason I forget rather quickly when I think up the list of things that need done. Things that are waiting on me...things I can't just tend to right now....these things steal my peace....and they make you forget that peace and they make you forget Him. Forget that He is the only thing you should be listening to.
You know I have heard His voice...but once when He said "Stand up." ...It wasn't a suggestion.... obeying is life. Turn your ear towards His calling....not to your own, not to your brethren. Not to anything other than what He gives you at that moment. then you will know peace...and it will flow through you.
No more yelling or anxiety...or sorrow. Because the best you can do is serve Him...serve His people that He gave you.
and if others think that what you are doing is less than the best, ...tell them to try serving Him and see if what they do is better than what you are doing....He doesn't play favorites...(though He does laugh at some people) ;) namely me mostly..but still, just sayin'

Ok...and thanksgiving.... be thankful for what you have....at least the not cheapy crap that falls apart...lol.
I'm thankful for my boots and for the other unnumberable moments and people and situations that surround me. .. for it all really... except... hmmmmmm except nothing. I can;t even think of something so bad...that isn't good in some form... ticks and fleas and mosquitoes maybe...and poisonous bad things that may hurt people...that kinda stuff.

Gotta go, me tired.

So in an effort to say goodbye in a more random exciting fashion....

Ik zal schreeuwen met de huilende wind.

google translate will help you figure that out.... much love furry catydids of fury and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment