Saturday, March 16, 2019

We've got some work to do now....

Day 67 of 100 of WTFIW....F

So I had this dream...
   (don't you love when a sentence or probably in this case, a paragraph starts with those words?
       and I'm so going to add commentary for your enjoyment!)
This dream, it had monsters... which I never saw, but they were there.
They only come out at night though and don't like noise
kinda like that movie The Quiet Place... or maybe they did like noise... idk
doesn't matter. I never saw one or anything in this dream.
Also my mom drove a get-away car made from large pieces of lined paper taped together
after I happened upon two little kids who's mother abandoned them. One of them was named Jeezer, he was like 9mo-1. Older sister was maybe 2.5 or 3.
....
anyway, in this dream, there were trees, like a mini forest
and I was singing out the Scooby Doo theme song because it echoed through those trees.
maybe I was calling or talking to someone else, idk.
((( My subconscious brain knew the words to said theme song, which is kinda scary, because I do not like Scooby Doo. There is nothing about that cartoon, and god forbid the live action movie I would consider salvageable. )))
so...
fast forward...
picking up stamps at the post office... the next day, in real life, dream was way over...
and I only need a few, not a whole fuckton... (cause who mails shit anymore?)
so dude behind the counter says he has half books of 12, but only a few designs.
THEN he says.... "I have Scooby."
and I was like 'what?'
"Scooby" - he points to a picture of the stamp on the counter top... oh...
"Sure... I'll take Scooby."
  (because I love playing games with the Universe, duh!)

and wait... there's more..

A whole day goes by and I'm really just paranoid of seeing anything else related to Scooby Doo.
.... and THEN...
I don't know what happened or what I was thinking...
something clicked...

remember that fucking screenplay idea I mentioned before...
  the one I dubbed 'Mystery Machine'
  (I know I can't and would not use that title, but you get the connection)


So to the excitement of my writing mind, it looks like we have a volunteer!
And apparently there might be some monsters in this script that we may not ever see.


I'm guessing the lined paper get-away car was a cue to WRITE!
  (finally, it's not like I didn't want to!)
the fact it was taped together in pieces means nothing but screenplay beat card lingo to me
that's just how it works, but I use a tack board and roughly attach things together
it may end up looking like something viable eventually.... or not.
I'll let you know when the first draft is done.
Hopefully it will pan out to a full length movie and know where it wants to go...
   (not like Killian! what a little pain in the ass that was! and totally still needs edited)

hahahahahaha!!! You know I just realized that in this screenplay 'Mystery Machine', they are driving a white mini van! hahahahahahahaha! I should put lines on it! Maybe they can drive through some brush and shit and get scratched up.
I'm glad it's intended to be a comedy!

In other news.... here's a cropped screenshot...
















I have no idea what that means other than it will be available to read at the festival(s).
I read through some of the other screenplays...
       ( research... yeah... research, and not a competitive bone in my body at all... O_O )
not all of them had scores, but from the ones posted that had them...
     (I'm not going to say mine was the highest for sure, that'd be totally egotistic and a bit like bragging.... and fucking awesome....)
But mine was the highest.
  (not to mention for Kid film fest selections, many of them were rather violent...)
(and truthfully I love my ego. I find it strange people want to kill theirs... :( poor babies... )
(and nothing may come of it at all, but it's totally possible something does! it's all good)
and Laser Racers was my favorite feature to write (thus far) ... not that it didn't write itself...
it's like I had a dream client and they did all the work while I just sat in.

Anyway... I'm doing other 'stuffs', but nothing important that has to be written here.
And deepness and elegant meanderings will have to wait for another day...
No soup for you!
Off to finish what I started earlier...

___________________________
___________________________________
___________________________________________


will write more in the dusk of the radiant skies, where nymphs and jack-o-lanterns swim from treetop to golden sea....
be sure to supplement your quasar shrooms with double mocha chocolate sundance films.



No comments:

Post a Comment