Saturday, December 15, 2012

Ignore this post.

Today I witnessed something that was sort of a "huh". People watching basically...in the middle of the dreaded wal-mart...just in front of the pasta aisle.
A lady was standing next to her husband in the isle while her buggy blocked the other side of the aisle. A man in the main aisle wanted to turn into this 'pasta' aisle with his buggy, but had to stop since it was being blocked. Another lady on the main aisle coming from the opposite direction also came up to turn into the pasta aisle, but stopped. We were also waiting to turn into the pasta aisle but moved over closer to that freezer section in the middle of the main aisle to wait for the lady and her husband who were blocking the aisle to move....which they weren't even aware that at least 3 people wanted to go down that aisle since they were discussing what I think was pasta sauce...
So instead of me just walking between the lady/husband and their buggy to get the one little thing I needed and walk back to my hubby/kids/buggy that would have to wait in the main aisle...I stopped and watched as I wanted to see what the man and other lady was going to do about it (since they were waiting to go down the pasta aisle).
At first they both kinda just wobbled their buggies forward and backward, like they were in debates of whether or not they really needed to go down that aisle now.... they both neither made eye contact with the lady/husband duo, nor with each other, nor with me. I know because I was watching them wondering how they were going to handle this situation.
The man appeared to give up after his wobbling buggy attempts failed to gain the notice of the lady/husband. He stopped and just stood there, randomly looking at things he didn't even care to look at.
The lady still wobbled her buggy back and forth slightly though I could tell she was having a difficult time being patient. Her lips tightened and her body stiffened like she was cussing the lady/husband in her head.
Meanwhile, I looked over to my hubby and smiled, since he knew that I was waiting to go down the aisle only because I was watching these people. Usually I would just go and get what I needed regardless if my buggy could fit or not. Like I said...wal-mart is dreadful and if I can cut it even 1 minute shorter, I will.

The thing is, either of the man or lady could have presses closer into the pasta aisle to really get the lady/husband's attention to move their freaking buggy out of the way. They could have said 'excuse me'. They could have even worse case scenario hit the lady/husband's buggy on purpose and said 'excuse me'. But I suppose in the name of politeness, they did nothing. And nothing was the effect. Besides the tight lipped irritation and the added 2 minutes longer inside the store.
Eventually the lady/husband moved on....and I even waited for the man and other lady to move into the aisle and as they slowly lingered to a stop browsing the pasta aisle, we passed them with speed.....getting out is a race, don't ya know. And I told hubby my findings on that observation....

Would you like to hear them? No? Yes? well, I'm going to tell you anyway.
Doing nothing is only fine for a maximum of 30 seconds. Patience is fine in the name of politeness, but only for 30 seconds. I will allow slow brains to process best case scenarios with this ample time frame. However after 30 seconds, action must be enforced. Not vulgar, violent action...but something other than giving up or doing the same inefficient motions...
I really do wonder how many missed opportunities are passed up because of people's double-mindedness. How many great moments are wasted because of people's ability to just give up and/or ignore them. Don't get me wrong, I do it too...I think we all do at some point or another, and probably more often by habit than we realize....but those people out there in the world who go for what they want and never give up and who sometimes may seem like jerks or assholes because it appears they lack manners or politeness.....when in fact they probably used to be polite until a point came when so much effort was ignored by others on their part that they stopped even trying to help you feel better and made themselves better for it.
For example....I don't usually wait for people to move...at least not longer than a few seconds...like 10 (and that's a freaking lot!)...I say excuse me. If they don't hear me...I accidentally perhaps on purpose press closer to where I know they see me...and I say excuse me again. If by chance they don't see me I just go faster like I'm in a huge rush and if I tap them or their buggy I go 'sorry'. Or something of the sort. It helps too if the kids are also running around...cause I can smile that fakey mom smile and say 'I'm so sorry' all exasperated and such and go about my day. So they think I've had a long hard day or something. Not my job to care what they think....my job is to get in and out as soon as possible.
But...I think being over polite or giving leniency to what we will call 'obstacles' is absolutely unnecessary and expends more energy than it's worth...
Of course...I'm being all selfish and such now, so I could just put it in simple terms and say that we should just do what we need to do without too much stress on ourselves.


Anyway...people watching is kinda cool.
In other news....and no, I won't be talking about what is really on the news...the other day after writing my last blog post...I had an epiphany.
Like a freaky weird....omg one.
"Please fix all of me that is broken.....and lead all of me that is lost."
I remember praying this not but a week ago.... something of an effort to have those things inside made right...because we know that everything is wrong and there are parts of us that are indeed broken....and parts that are indeed lost. Always asking Him for such blessings...as there's no other one who can bring it to us. And I still feel the cast...that heavy, itchy, uncomfortable cast...the one that may be meant to fix those broken things. And I see the stars....those shining lights that strive to lead the lost.
But I wonder...when we do pray...humbled...and entirely there before Him..... Is it even us who are praying for ourselves? Or is it Him praying for His children? Sometimes we can't hear our own voices when He speaks. Sometimes we make it all about ourselves, when He makes it all about Us...All of Us.... We pray for ourselves, for others too....but He prays for His people....and our words are His.
"Please fix all of me that is broken.....and lead all of me that is lost."....I don't think it was only me speaking to Him, as much as it was Him speaking to me. To fix His broken ones....to lead His lost ones...
But how do we do such things?.....and now I'm thinking about that cast I have....and where we need to place one for others. Thinking of the stars we are and where we need to place ourselves to lead others. Why is this so easily difficult? A star lost among the heavens although the whole world can see it.

Argh....let's get off the subject...I usually only chat with my very good friend about such matters.... not like anyone else even has the slightest hint of understanding!


I'm sorry in advance....I can't help myself..... It's like watching the world all come together over something terrible that happens and 1 month later no one cares anymore....and people forget that evil is in the world and it must be stopped and they go about their regular day and just forget...and it happens over and over and over again and people are asleep and only care when ten thousand other people care. Or if you care and then no one else does and you can't do everything on your own to fix it. You can't help on your own, you can't even talk about it and hope you get help because no one else steps up to do anything anymore and I just want to go the fuck home. I hate you stupid people. (Not you my blog readers!...I'm talking about uncaring fools) I'm a bit mad and sad and fed up and people are fighting over this and that and nit picking everything about what needs done and how and when and don't even give a fuck about the fact that this will happen again when you fall back asleep.....GRRRR!
Just don't let it happen again.
So much can be done now that doesn't require hate and fear to accomplish....yet they choose to fight. They choose this. And people like me just watch as they falter and fail.....and watch as our rights are given away and watch as people hand over everything that is important....watch as people come together then rip it apart and forget like nothing ever happened...and it makes me sick to be here with them. The last 24 hours...I saw beautiful thoughtful things and wonderful people pulling together....and then I saw fear...and hate...and by tomorrow wherever He was will be trampled underfoot. The sheep will have fallen back to sleep...and can't hear the Shepherd's call.

I don't think the world will end on the 21st....not at all....but I sure hope it does anyhow. Of course, Dec 23rd would be the illuminati date, so something has more of a chance to happen then than on the 21st, but we all know nothing ever happens! Get a life and live it....live it loudly!

Thirdmas was good. (That was today, btw.) I got my crockpot!, and a clock for my sewing room. Hubby even got a clock for his garage and just so happened to snag a great deal on a grandfather clock that he went to pick up. (argh, we are so broke, stop buying 'stuff' please!) >8-(
No clue as to why 'clocks' are the theme of the day and I really don't want to think about it truthfully. Anyway, Thirdmas was good. Next Saturday is Fourthmas! WHEEeeEEeeEE! You should totally try out this idea.

I'm tired.....and probably shared more than I should have....but not that it matters anyway. I'll leave you with a few tips and then I'm out of here and off to bed!
tip #1 - never trust the us postal service to do a good job
tip#2 - carry a gun legally (osa ouya anca hootsa nyaa f'sma howa hreatenta nnocentia hildrenca!)
tip#3 - trust in Jesus and have a very good friend for days when the boss man is being too quiet.
tip#4 - tell your kids you love them
tip#5 - stay awake...you can sleep when you're dead.
Tip#5- it's probably not a good idea to take everything I say literately, lol.

Goodnight my friends. Hoping the sun rises without delay and covers this darkness with a blanket of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment