Tuesday, June 12, 2012

never starting to finish.....seems like it lately, lol

Today is Tuesday and I still haven't gotten started on what I'm supposed to be doing.
But as one of my really great friends said just yesterday.... "You can't finish it, if you never start." ....and well, I sewed up 7 appliques onto a skirt after that...
I still need to detail their faces and make the last applique on the top (which I should be doing now) and I will totally get to that here in a minute...I want to tell you of 'yet another odd' occurrence.
Well...remember last time I mentioned something about thinking about someone and then they just kinda 'popped' up out of nowhere and there they were...as if my thoughts had brought them into my path...
Well, that happened again today...and involving the same exact people. How freaking odd is that!!? And mind you I was in the same place I imagined meeting them at....really??!! This is so weird!

Well, I actually went over to their house and hung out with them for a bit too and let the kiddos play. Came home with a list of homeschool curriculum, a recipe, and some zucchini and squash too. Lol.
This also means I didn't get anything done at home though. I made dinner and checked email and schmoozed some more facebook friends, successfully filling my quota for the 3rd day in a row.
Didn't make any sales...which I am blaming entirely on facebooks new idea that only 17% of your fans are allowed to see what you post...wtf...ever since they started that bullshit I haven't sold but one thing....when prior to that I was selling at least 5-10 in a 2 week period.
I really wouldn't mind a break, but in the boutique world, buyers who are willing to pay $100+++'s will go elsewhere if you don't post...and well..I am posting, just they aren't seeing it...ARGH!
This is why I'm schmoozing.
So...other than being entirely swamped under loads of work that I know has to be done sooner than I would like, I'm really trying to catch the owner of those horses there oneday.....he has a big horse and a little pony that looks just like Epona from the legend of zelda...and it would make a perfect prop for a photoshoot....I'm almost considering writing a letter and taping it to his gate, lol. But I think it would be better to ask in person first...or at the least include a business card with my letter...and well, I have no business card made up for my photography biz yet...*sigh.
I would totally have that and the other list of things I need to do done if the list of 'things I better get done first' wasn't so stinkin full.

Nothing else new...kinda la la boring around here...I think...I'm not really sure, just been going through the motions since vacation ended....and next vacation isn't until the end of August.... :( oh gosh, that is so far away!!!! I need to think this stuff through more and make sure that every 6-8 weeks I have some escape time or something.

I have got to go and do something productive so I don't feel like the whole day was wasted...it wasn't, but still....you can't finish it if you never start.

No comments:

Post a Comment