Thursday, July 14, 2011

What a lovely day!

I just got home from a slow drive from chattanooga...so I put the groceries away and turned on my computer.....then as I am waiting for it to load and whatnot...I get asked to "squeak both my feet" from a little boy who is happy that he and his sister had just gotten in their toy monkeys today...(they paid with their own money and ordered them from jefferspets.com (yeah pet supplies...so they are dog toys, with squeaky things in both feet and both hands)....
Of course Isaac (the dog) thought they were for him, and now I feel bad that I didn't order the dumb dog a squeaky toy too...ugh...and now the children are in my bedroom (why is it always MY bedroom??) happily squeaking away....playing whatever make believe game they arranged....
If I had known they had sqeakers in the monkeys maybe I would've throw the magazine out before the kids saw about 20 monkeys adorning the front page....

And I noticed I had 40 emails...40 seriously??... I haven't listed a new design line or anything business wise lately...nope, but I got many from the roller derby girls yahoo group...but that was only like 20...the rest was just stuff....
Perhaps useless stuff, and one from coffemate creamer which I quickly unsubscribed to, but still....Way too much for me to bother with if it's not bringing in money or making me laugh...so hoping tomorrow goes with a better number of emails, because I seriously need to get those last 12 skirts sewn before my next huge order comes in the mail.....AND I need to fit in getting more of my fall line finished up before August gets here! (2 weeks...) not very long when you have more than you should have agreed on....but that's okay...
I will pass on some work to my wonderful mom who is also working on my 'other' fall line (and BTW...OMG those knit peasant tops are ADORABLE!!!!!)
And I will work my tail off...because eventually come mid December, I will have no orders and no more money, lol...yeah so it starts, the busy season where I can possibly make more than my husband, but also lose out on my sanity and time and peace....so we are planning to do it gently, and only do what I can that still gives me plenty of schooling time, computer time, roller derby time, other school group time (assuming I'm not kicked out because SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO BLOW THINGS WAY OUT OF CONTEXT!)..apparently I'm not 'good' enough to be in a church.
And time for writing book 2 if I ever just MAKE the time to work on it, even if it's just a page a day...I want to, but as we all know it's the starting on something that is the hardest, not the actual doing it.

I have to also confess that Target had a great clearance deal on knit leggings and jeans....so I bought 'many' of the sizes I use for my work.....really though, new jeans for $4 is not bad at all! the leggings were $2.25 and they just so happened to match BOTH of my fall lines.

And I bought a turkey at Publix, because I just wanted breast strips, but they didn't have them anywhere so I bought the whole thing...I can't cook (hate cooking), so I hope it actually comes out like they do at my sister's house for Thanksgiving. Her turkeys are good, especially the fried one...ah yeah...and well the one she bakes she injects butter crap into it which would make me suffer the whole day after during Black Friday shopping...so yeah, I try to avoid that one if at all possible.
MILK IS DEATH! Or at the very least regarding me, it puts you in a place to where you think you might die, and you get to go tfhrough all those wonderful midnight thoughts and prayers every night for 2 years or so. It's great. And I wouldn't wish it on anyone.....though I don;t wish anymore either sooo....

Oh, I wanted to put this link up for those of you who are jarred by the fact that I put the word 'mysticism' on here a while back.... I am not talking about black magic, voodoo, or any other genre you assume is spooky...I am referring to this---> Christian Mysticism Please educate yourselves!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh ... wow! That's the word they were concerned about? Wow! I didn't even think about that one. From everything I read in your blog so far (yeah, I'm becoming a Jennifer Groupie!LOL!), nothing pointed to anything that would support that. Odd. Whatever. It's also oh, so sad. I mean, this is not a blog one stumbles upon while looking for recipes for a "to die for" chicken dish. Anyway ... so far I like it. You're kinda real. (Is that a sin?)

    ReplyDelete