Thursday, June 6, 2019

Make SPACE


____
____
____

~ *****

 He sits next to the bed, and pulls out the last small diode key from his jacket. He twirls it in his fingers as the lights from the approaching Sovereign shine through the cockpit windows.
She wakes as the bright lights flash across the ceiling, yet relaxes when she meets his eyes.
"You're still here?" She asks. Her voice raspy and dry.

He reaches for her arm and pulls it gently towards him. He sets the diode key into the socket of the lock brace. She gasps and tries to pull her arm away forcefully.
"Wait! No!" She hisses.
The lock brace clicks and the skin clamps release. It falls from her arm and onto the floor with a clank.
"But that was for you!" She yells.
He glances to her and sighs, only silence falls from his lips. The lights move across the cabin and she turns her head to look out. Her eyes fill with terror.
The sounds of the Sovereign's link up to the loading dock break the silence. He stands and heads to the hatch door, quickly.
"No! They'll never release you!" She yells out to him as she stumbles from the bed. "Don't go!"
She gets to her feet, but the hatch door closes, leaving him on the opposite side. Only the glass port hole between them. He turns to her. She bangs on the door frantically.
"Please!" She begins to cry. "Don't go with them!"
His eyes are in pain, but the choice was no longer in his hands. She cries, now more silently. They stare at one another through the glass.
The hatch from the Sovereign opens on the far side. He closes his eyes, then turns away from her. He walks across the dock and into the Sovereign. The hatch closes, and just as quickly the ship departs.
She moves to the cockpit and tries to lock onto the Sovereign's signature, but before it could sync, the ship disappears into the void of space. She stands, staring at the empty blackness.

***** ~

____
Still don't have names for these characters, if it's not already obvious.
and that is not in any sort of screenplay format...
but I do like the name of the ship (Sovereign)... and the diode key and lock brace...
cause I made those up on the spot, yo.
(Lock braces are like slave chain braces, so the owner can locate their property, I totally thought all this through already... cause it's the future, in space... and yeah..gotta work off your debt there too)
Might change the dialogue a bit....
....
gah... need to start writing on this, I want to see what happens too!!!
but I'll totally need to get updated on the correct terms for spacecraft/ship parts and terms
I say updated...more like learn...
thankfully google knows what I'm talking about when I ask
'what is the passageway between two spaceships called?'
unlike yesterday's questions... oy vey....

___
_________________________
___________________________________
___________________
_______
______________________________
____________


Today, whilst at the grocery store...
they were playing some actually decent music on the radio..
and of course I was singing along!
making my shopping experience more pleasurable..
even riding on the back of the buggy... cause I fucking can...
no, I didn't crash into anyone... or come close this time..
anyway...
it seems the bulk of humanity are still struggling to break free from their persistent
actions of doing this or that.... for the sake of having done this or that...
present awareness and true connection were missing from the equation.
...that was until I go to the checkout...
like the most horrific place in the whole store...yes the checkout..
where you have to acknowledge there is a person with the power
(and unfortunately..the obligation training) to speak to you. GAH!
 .. so I caught the tail end of the previous customers convo..and the
checkout lady and the bagger kid were still chatting about that convo...
and I was allowed to join in... like they actually made space... which is completely rare
but hey, I guess that's new when its not the crabby lady or the guy with the
crooked hand.. who never says anything other than 'how are you, and 'thank you, come again'
(Kill me please! drones make me want to stab my eyes/ears out.)
anyway... they were talking about weird pet names... but I told them about Butter...
and so that sparked their interest real quick...
and I was like, "you can look up Butter the Cockatoo online and find him...
and bagger kid was like, 'what, does he have his own instagram?'
"Um...yes." lol yes he does
of course if a certain someone would keep up with it, he'd have way more followers..
but the point being... they liked his name...
and I appreciate not having to feel awkward while checking out...

___
_____
so anyway...
I'm going to do whatever I want tomorrow and the rest of the weekend...
and probably all next week too
If I would just start that screenplay... I'd be doing that...
but then that will cut into sleep.... and I'm not sure I'm willing to do that just yet...
Pretty sure if I just prep the first page and write FADE IN:..
that is all it's gonna take..... of course character names would be nice too...


Did not gain any wisdom or insight into yesterday's research questions...
if I did, I forgot...
so will try again here in a bit.
or definitely tomorrow, while I'm out doing all those amazing things I have planned ;)

btw.... canvas has made it's way into my house...sooo
ecstatic to get to being artistic as soon as possible!
two commissions to take care of...and a certain large piece for my stairwell....
umm yeah... gonna be awesome...
RAWR!

No comments:

Post a Comment